Animal Care Volunteers
Do you love working with animals? Caring for cats? Walking dogs? Interacting with the public? Providing in-home care for young kittens? If you can commit as little as 2-hours per week, we would love to have you on our team! We offer a very flexible volunteering schedule because animals need care every day (and night) of the week. Volunteering is also a great way to contribute to your community, meet other animal lovers, and feel better about yourself.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering please join us for an orientation session held at the Shelter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about our next scheduled session. Applications can be filled out and submitted HERE.
Sorry…due to liability concerns you must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
FMAS is constantly on the lookout for professional people to sit on our volunteer board of directors. The board is responsible for setting shelter policy and adapting it to changing conditions, but their primary responsibility is to oversee the solvency of the organization, raise funds, and promote the shelter. Good communication skills and basis computer skills are desired, as is experience in any of the following disciplines;
- Financial > bankers, accountants, bookkeepers
- Insurance > agents, liability specialists, consultants, legal
- Computers > hardware, software, programming, maintenance, networking, web administrators
- Construction > architects, engineers, designers, builders, contractors
- Non-profit Management > experience operating a major non-profit organization
Volunteer Information Request Form